Friday, December 17, 2010

Mis Adventures of My Doppelganger

We have been aware of another Melissa Wegener living here in the valley for quite some time now. It started when a pharmacy accidentally gave us the wrong prescriptions, finally after 3 years she has chosen to use a different pharmacy. We don't think about it that often, apart from the precription mix ups, and the "Hey are you related to the Smithfield Wegeners?"  That is until we got our carpets cleaned.

Rewind to this summer when we got our carpets cleaned. They didn't leave a bill, they said they would just send us an invoice, and we figured that they would send it to us. About 6 weeks later they called us, wondering why we didn't pay (gosh, wanting money), we informed them that we had never received the invoice, therefore we didn't know the amount due, so hadn't paid yet. However, once they gave us the balance, we paid it right then and there.

Fast forward  few months to now. Recently I got a voice mail from them saying they had never been paid, and that if we didn't pay the balance (which somehow the amount due was nearly triple what it was before) they were going to take us to court. Needless to say I called right away all worried. I was then informed that they called the wrong Melissa Wegener by mistake, that I had a perfect account with them and that we were not going to be taken to court any time. It's an understandable and honest mistake on the businesses part, and they were very, very sorry for the mixup. It's just interesting in a little valley of roughly 45,000 people (and half of them are 15 or younger) I have a doppelganger; go figure.

1 comment:

  1. Funny--when I was up at USU I used to get people all the time who assumed that the other Wegener's were my family. Once a professor asked me, and once in the temple a worker told me he had just seen my dad, when my actual dad was out of the country!

    ReplyDelete

If you cant say anything nice, then dont say anything at all--Bambi