Monday, December 27, 2010

I've Been Watching You....

So, we got Heidi Anne's report card from her pre-school that she did the cutest thing with her dolls. She held up the girl doll and said "Momma", then found the boy doll and said, "Daddy". She then had them hugging and kissing. Her pre-school teacher said "I guess she sees that quite a bite at home." Whenever we get stories like that it always brings the song to mind by Rodney Adkins I've Been Watching You..
Here is a little excerpt of the song.

Just this side of bedtime later that night
Turning on my son's Scooby Doo nightlight
He crawled out of bed and he got down on his knees
He closed his little eyes, folded his little hands
And spoke to God like he was talking to a friend
And I said son now where'd you learn to pray like that

He said I've been watching you dad, ain't that cool
I'm your buckaroo, I wanna be like you
And eat all my food and grow as tall as you are
We like fixing things and holding mama's hand
Yeah we're just alike, hey ain't we Dad
I wanna do everything you do
So I've been watching you

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you cant say anything nice, then dont say anything at all--Bambi