Sunday, September 27, 2009

I Have Ikea-itis

I used to think people who loved Ikea were super weird. Until I myself became afflicted with Ikea-itis. I LOVE Ikea!!!
So we went down and did some Christmas shopping this weekend (at Ikea). Char's mom watched Heidi Anne while we went out. (I know she's a baby, but still, seeing your Christmas presents before hand and not being able to play with them, that's double the torture no matter the age). It was fun going around the show rooms and seeing all the cool ideas or being very puzzled by some of those really out there designs. It was great just hanging with Char. Also a plus, not having to rush though to beat the potentially cranky baby clock.
After wandering around for 2 hours, we settled on some cute art easels, one side is a white board and the other side is a chalck board, so two kids can be entertained at once!!
This will be just perfect for Kayla, she is quite the little artist. We got them little chairs as well. Can't wait for them to use them on Christmas!!
I had this thought a while back, since the girls are going to be a butterfly and a lady bug for Halloween, it would be cute for them to use a watering can instead of a basket for their trick or treats, but I couldn't find watering cans in the middle of September, not even an ugly one.
Ikea to the rescue once again, they had a whole shelf of watering cans, and in different colors.
For Heidi Anne we found a wall lamp for her room with a child safe cover to protect little fingers from the light blub.
Heidi's room theme is green & pink, mixed with an Amish /pionner theme. Well, I have been looking for little candle lanterns for years for Heidi Anne's room, Ikea had some!! So we got two of them.
For us we got some nice wall lights for the living room. Sadly, we got the wrong size light bulbs.
Afterwords, we meet with my sister & her family at the Carter's store. My new favorite store. Carter's has the best baby / child clothing hands down! The styles are nice, prices are great, and the clothing is sooo durable, and interchangable. If you have kids, or will soon, I highly suggest Carters.
It was a great shopping day and now most of the Christmas shopping is done. Yeah!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you cant say anything nice, then dont say anything at all--Bambi