Sunday, January 20, 2019

Super Rowan, Outside and "Camping"

This is what Heidi sees every afternoon. All four of us just waiting to see her. We wait by the neighborhood park now, still, the same 4 people excited to see her. Don't worry, the breaks are engaged and Anastasia is buckled in, she just likes to test her limits.  
The Rain returns! Whoa! The rain was gone for a few days. Everything started to dry out for a second there. I must say the local DJ's here are really funny. For example, when a real heavy fog or all the rain dissipates one will play "Here Comes the Sun." When it starts to downpour you'll hear songs like "Africa", "Umbrella" or "I'm Only Happy When it Rains". 
Recently, Rowan has fallen in love with superheroes. He really likes Lego Batman and Spiderman. He's had this Superman shirt for the longest time but would never wear it because it didn't involve vehicles or airplanes. Now it's become one of his favorites. 

He enjoys "flying" around the house in his cape with his arms outstretched. Sometimes Rowan will run up to me and request, "Mom, say help me?" He'll even correct me if it's not done in a very high pitch, damsel in distress kind of way. This is Rowan's first time trying to do pretend on his own. If I'm very lucky, he even stops and does photo ops. Giving me little gems like the above pose.  
Anastasia likes to get in photo sessions but only when Rowan is in the mood. However, she still hasn't grasped the concept that she needs to wait to see her picture. She'll run in circles to see her "cheese" before I even take a shot. Here is a rare photo of Anastasia being silly and (mostly) still. 
Rowan received these dinosaur rain boots for Christmas from one of his Aunts. He loves to put them on, stomp around the house and say "Rowan dinosaur. Rrrooooaaarrr!"  

We meet his new special needs pre-school teacher this week. Rowan returns to pre-school on Tuesday (Tuesday/Thursday) in a mixed classroom. His Utah IEP was Rejected. I keep trying to write out everything that happened and what we discovered but it's so long it could be its own post. In a nutshell, we got screwed by Utah. A new IEP will be coming out within 30 days. That way they have time to observe him and measure his needs.  
Anastasia let me do her hair! She LOVES her rain boots but HATES her hair being done. Here is a rare picture of her having me complete her hair. Normally, she puts up a massive fight just for me to brush it each morning. I'm trying to prep her for pre-school and her hair needs to start the day a tad tidier. Wish me luck.    
Shout out to Cas for being a wonderful pup! He can sit on command and pay attention to just me, even if there are other dogs barking or kids coming out of nowhere to pet him. I keep treats on hand and sometimes I have the random strangers give him one. Most people see how big he is and assume he'll lunge or jump at them and keep their distance. He's really just a big goofball and everyone in the family adores him. 
I didn't know how long the rain-free weather would truly last. Despite the wind chill I would bundle up the Littles and let them play in the backyard a little.















Or I would take them to the neighborhood park to really let them burn off all their energy. I'd even pack some snacks, a sandwich and some water. (It's taken over 10 years but I think I'm learning some mom tricks!). 
While the rain was gone I basically shot myself in the foot. In the afternoon we'd either go in the back yard or walk down to the park and get out the wiggles. When the rain returned the Littles had gotten used to going out and playing after lunch time. While the break was brief, this had set precedence. 
I broke out the power's out in cold weather/camping gear. I got out their fox sleeping bags. Which occupied them for some time. (I think Anastasia had completely forgotten we had them).  

Later I unpacked their kid-sized camping chairs. Then they had me take photos of them doing different poses. My favorite was when they were "sleeping". They were also snoring during this picture. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you cant say anything nice, then dont say anything at all--Bambi