Wednesday, February 1, 2017

My Birthday

I scheduled Anastasia's Synagis shot appointment on my birthday because I know how to have a good time. This shot gives Anastasia an immunity boost to fight virus that could land her into the hospital due to her weakened immune system. One other benefit of this shot is that it's virus free, thus no real reaction to the injection. So I didn't have a totally grumpy baby for my birthday. 

We went to my favorite store, Carters. Honestly, I like that store, I really love dressing up my little ones. But this trip was to get a gift for my sister in law's baby shower. (Which due to snow, I missed.) But I still had fun picking an outfit and looking at new clothes for Anastasia. 


Costa Vida (a fast-casual Mexican restaurant) recently opened. They're scattered all over Utah and just made the jump to the Wyoming town we're in. We love Costa Vida and they have a wonderful cilantro and lime rice. SO good! 

Anyways, since it just barely opened (and it's something to eat besides one of our 4 Subways). It had a line wait time of 20 minutes. Regardless, that's what I felt like for my birthday dinner, I called in our order over the phone so it would be ready by the time Char and Heidi Anne made it through the line. 

Something interesting happened while they were there. Smoke filled the back kitchen (almost like someone forgot to open a vent) and the fire alarms went off. Forcing the staff to evacuate the restaurant. Most people cut their losses and just left the location versus waiting for the Fire Marshal to come clear the scene. Char and Heidi Anne decided to just wait it out because I was looking forward to dinner from there. Plus, there wasn't a real rush.  

Once the restaurant re-opened, Char and Heidi Anne got our order and came back home. Heidi Anne regaled me with their adventure while we ate dinner. Rory even ate his quesadilla down to the last bite. 

We didn't do our traditional cupcake this year. I guess because I made brownies the day before. Or that Anastasia's birthday is coming up, followed by Rory's. All in all still a good day.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you cant say anything nice, then dont say anything at all--Bambi