Wednesday, June 17, 2015

What's in a Name Part II

After Heidi Anne was born I wrote a post explaining why we chose the names we did for her ( you can see that one in 2010/July - What's in a Name. Well, here are the reasons for Rory's.

Rowan- Little Red One 
         To be honest I love the name Rowan for what the Rowan tree symbolizes to a verity of cultures from ancient Greece, to the Norse, the Celts and though out the British Ilses . In folklore the Rowan tree helped to guide wayfaring travelers on their way through life. During the last 18 months - 2 years that is exactly how we felt.  The Rowan tree also symbolizes endurance, protection, healing, and strength. These were all qualities we wanted our little boy to have. NOW, if you ask Heidi Anne she will say he’s named after Rory in Doctor Who. The Doctor Who Rory is a time traveling nurse who protected his wife over and over, which is awesome! 














William – Strong-Willed Warrior / Determined Protector (It varies) 
            He’s named after Char, who’s middle name is William, his dad, and my Uncle Bill. All of whom are great examples and role models in their own ways. Char is a hard working man to provide for his family and so I can stay home with the kids. He's loving, strong, and driven. Besides, what child doesn't want to be like their dad when they grow up? Rory's Grandpa is the same way. My Uncle Bill has been with my Uncle Don for over 38 years! Which in this day and age is rare. That takes serious dedication and love. My uncle also likes a good roller-coaster ride and trying new or different things in life. 
I would be proud if my son grew up to be like any of them. 
Daddy and Rory

Heidi Anne with Grandpa
Uncle Bill in Helsinki















Wright Apparently this means Worker
        This additional middle name wasn't planned in advance. It's after the nurse who helped me during the most painful and scariest part of my labor. She was right by my side, made me her sole patient on a busy night, and had to be forced from my room for her mandatory break. (She still came back early). At one point I asked her if she was the angel I had been praying for. I'm still not sure what would have happened to us if she hadn't of been such a strong and proactive advocate for me. Nurse Wright was a God send. 
Rory at 5 Weeks old!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you cant say anything nice, then dont say anything at all--Bambi