Sunday, June 21, 2015

Moving Day!! (Again)

Yeah, we moved out of that small apartment in Utah to a house in Wyoming. The city we moved to reminds me a lot of Providence, Utah but without Logan just a few miles away. During the final packing and moving stages Heidi Anne was with my sister-in-law (whom I would like to thank again for taking her for the weekend). Meanwhile, Rory stayed with us. We all woke up around 6:00 am and packed the last few items still out. Then we put all the boxes and other items in our "staging area" (aka. the kitchen with the sliding door). 
Once that was done we went to pick up the U-Haul truck, I made a joke along the lines of what would happen if the help came before we returned with the truck. Well, I got home before Char and there was a guy just hanging around our front door. At that very moment Char texted me "Oh, there is a guy there, he's one of my co-workers so don't worry." Which I'm glad he did, otherwise I would have called Char to verify that the guy really knew him and was really there to help.
In theory, people from our church were coming at 10:00 am to help us move. By 10:30 am no one else had showed up despite my bribes of donuts, cool water, and juice. I felt bad for the two guys, so I called to remind some people that we desperately needed help. Within 20 minutes 5 more guys to help with packing and one lady to help with Rowan arrived. It was amazing! In less than four hours EVERYTHING was packed into the truck in a nice, orderly fashion. It was truly a miracle. 


Then began our hour long drive to our new home. I was so excited I took a selfie! My very first selfie ever! Then I took a picture of my sidekick. She was a little stressed at first but soon fell asleep, just like Rowan did in the back seat. 

Before I knew it, we had arrived to our new home. I tried to help Char unload the truck, but Rowan had other plans. They involved ONLY Momma, ALL the time. Then another miracle happened. Char's dad came up to help us unload the truck AFTER participating in a marathon race, that's roughly 26 miles! Somehow, after that he was able to help us out. Which I thought was amazing, because it would have taken forever if it had been just the two of us unloading. 
                                                                                                           
If you were wondering, Heidi Anne loves the house, especially the back yard. She tried to pick as many dandy lions as she could before Char mowed the lawn. It was funny to watch. A little girl trying to be a few rows ahead of her Daddy, gathering as many dandy lions as her little hands could hold, take a deep breath, and blow as hard as possible. Then the whole process would repeat itself until all the dandy lions had been mowed. She also wants to learn how to ride a horse, too. She has for a while but now she "has to if she ever wants to be a real cowgirl." --Direct Quote 

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you cant say anything nice, then dont say anything at all--Bambi