Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Fishes Are Friends

My Granddad (Heidi Anne's Great Granddad) has just recently moved to Utah. He's been here a few weeks, however, it's about a 2 or more hour drive. It was the very first time they've ever meet each other. It wasn't a long visit but it was the first of many more visits to come. 

We had planned on meeting my sister at the aquarium but we were running a little ahead of scheduled. To help pass the time we went to Cabella's. As you may know, Heidi Anne was very jealous of the people staying in Tipis or in tents. We've deiced if we (and most likely when) we go camping it would be car camping. Cabella's seemed like the best place to wander around to look at fishing and camp gear to get an idea of what we would need. I have only gone camping once and that was in an RV (a great way to camp in my opinion) which means we don't have a single piece of outdoor gear.  We we're only there for a few minutes because that place is part museum and part speciality store. There are all these animals throughout the whole store. Heidi Anne found a pop up trailer tent she adored. It looked really nice the down side was the cost. As you can tell, she's saying "Please" so nicely. If only "Please" was REALLY a magic word. 
We were past the first display section when we deiced this place should be saved for another day. 
 Next was the aquarium, Somehow we've gone to the aquarium nearly every 18 months since the girls were born.
Her "Bestest Friend Kayla" and Rykken were so excited to see her. 
When Rykken came next to Heidi he said without any prompting "HI Heidi!!", he was acting like a "big kid" now-thus deemed worthy by the girls to include him in their little club. I have a feeling there are 2 "Bestest Friends" now.
It's funny to think how when you're in the moment trying to monitor the kids you could so easily miss the fun moments when they are just amazed at everything there is to look at. Somehow my sister and I seem to find those little Kodiak moments. 
 I have so much fun just watching the kids feed off each-others energy. I will admit somethings the overload of energy can get to me, but my sister seems to be able to rain it in. I know Heidi Anne enjoys herself a lot more when she gets to do activities with Rykken and Kayla.
I think another reason these get together turn out so well (an in no one fights, gets grumpy, gets board, ect) is how close in age everyone is. Kayla is 6 months older then Heidi, and Heidi is less then 18 months older then Rykken. So everyone is pretty much on the same page.
My sister had told me that they would be closing this aquarium down in December to expand to a new location. I just hope the new place has as many photo ops, I mean interactive displays as this current one does.
To be honest-they really do have fun hands on activities such as petting star fish, baby sharks and rays. 
Or seeing how tall you are compared to a Boa (I love how serious she is taking this!) 
While you're waiting for your turn to see the penguins, you can see how tall you are compared to different penguin species. I never realized how big they got. 
I would have to say they had a lot of fun.

Some Blast from the Past Pictures!! 

Warning: These Pictures will cause you to go "Ohh, they are growing up soo fast!"

Heidi and Kayla-Ages 4 and 4 1/2
Heidi and Kayla-Ages 2 and 2 1/2
Heidi and Kayla-Ages 2 and 2 1/2
Heidi and Kayla-Ages 1 and 7 Months

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you cant say anything nice, then dont say anything at all--Bambi