Wednesday, February 17, 2010

I Wish I Had Jessie's Girl....

I randomly heard this song on the radio and had a flash back...
SO almost a life time ago, when I was 15 / 16 ish, my sister had gone to visit our Grandparents.
My dad was going to pick her up from the airport from a red eye flight, so 10:30 she would be landing. My cousin and I really wanted to go with him to pick her up, and Bekah really wanted to see Lizzie. We were told No, it would be to late, we'd just sleep the whole way, ect. (I think the honest truth was the thought of 3 teenage girls for 2 hours in a car in the middle of the night just wasn't appealing.)
Somehow our cousin Lizzie convinced my dad at the last minute for us to come with him to pick Bekah up. It was a pretty uneventful drive, until we got near the airport. I Wish I had Jessie's Girl came on the radio, we rolled the windows down, and Lizzie and I just scream / singed at the song at the top of our lungs at 10 at night.
I think the best part was when we went to the gate to pick up Bekah (this was pre 9/11). Liz went off to the side, so my Dad and I were there waiting for Bekah. She looked happy to see us, we gathered her things, started to head out, and then some "rude" girl bumped into her. Oh my gosh how Bekah screamed (in the teen girl--oh my gosh my BFF is here) fashion. The whole ride home was nothing but singing off key on purpose, giggling, and talking.
It just struck me how a song I hadn't heard in nearly 10 years brought back all those fun little memories, and I just couldn't stop smiling, and humming the song.
P.S It has also been brought to my attention I am pretty much the only one who still calls Rebekah "Bekah", old habits die hard I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you cant say anything nice, then dont say anything at all--Bambi