Monday, July 25, 2016

When Plans Go Belly Up

It started last night, we packed up to go to grandma's house and planned to head down to SLC first thing in the morning and spend the night there. We were geared up to go to Aunt Millie's Bridal Shower. Heidi even picked out her new blue "hippie" dress (which is cute) to wear to her first grown up party. She was so excited to be considered a big girl. Heidi also wanted to show the family her baby sister since most have only seen Anastasia in pictures. I was really looking forward to the visit.

Well, at 4:30 am this morning, Anastasia had a fever. Just like that our plans came to a grinding halt. Heidi Anne was devastated. She wanted to see Grandma and her Aunts. (She adores her Aunts). 

Normally, Rory is okay when I give Anastasia attention. He'll go off and just play with his toys knowing I'll spend time with him when she doesn't need me anymore, Well, it wasn't a normal day. Rory noticed Anastasia was getting even more attention than normal. Every time she got a bottle he HAD to have one at the exact same time. If she was being held, well he wanted up as well. To make things easier, I rocked in a chair with a baby on each side of me. Both the babies were getting the attention they wanted. 

Just when I thought I had this sick day figured out, I was given a curve ball in the late afternoon. Heidi Anne caught a stomach bug. (Naturally, she told me after I ordered pizza as a way to say thank you to her for being such a trooper about missing the party and having my time consumed by the babies). 

I spent the night singing lullabies, watching Cinderella (the new version with Lily James), and splitting my time between three little ones. I got up early at 4:30 am to tend to a sick baby, now I'm sitting on the sofa staying up late with a sick Heidi Anne. It's been a long day. Nowhere near the day I was planning on having. But that's life I guess. Let's hope Anastasia sleeps longer then 4:30 am tomorrow. 

It's odd but these are the days where I'm glad to be a stay at home mom and grateful that Char works hard to make sure we can afford for me to be here. They won't remember the day where everyone wanted and received cuddles. Or that I was up for nearly 20 hours straight to tend to everyone's needs. That my voice went horse from singing Itsy Bitsy Spider or Lavender's Blue (Dilly Dilly). I might not even remember it if I didn't write it down to be honest. But I need to be reminded that I'm doing my best at this mommy thing. (And why on Earth I would make Heidi Anne miss her first big girl party.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you cant say anything nice, then dont say anything at all--Bambi