Sunday, April 17, 2011

Ei-Ei-O

Showing of their Shirts-Everyone Thought They Were Twins






Have I mentioned I love Baby Animal Days?? Well sadly this year it was canceled due to snow. I love Cache Valley weather! Luckily they had Farm Animal Days-and they extended it to the weekend due to the snow. So we went with my sister and her family. We had them come up to send the day with us at the Farm and then come over for a Dutch Oven dinner. Luckily for us, we only had a few inches of rain off and on during our adventure. Basically in this valley, if you don't like the weather, wait 5 minutes, it'll change. (Have I mentioned I love the weather here?). 
We meet them at the farm at the fun began as soon as Heidi Anne and Kailah could see each other they were calling for the other. My sister got them matching shirts, which they both adored-and made pretty much anyone we meet think they were twins or at the very least sisters. I think that's the best complement ever, that people think they look so alike and get along so well they must be twins or siblings.
Once the girls were ready, off we went to start another adventure. As we went to see the animals-the whole little walk Heidi Anne was singing to herself "Ei-Ei-O". 
Cutest Little Lamb
Side Note on Heidi Anne: We know she most likely has ADD--So to combat this and prevent headaches we deal with it head on. When we see or know she is getting overwhelmed or having a hard time focusing we re-direct (get her attention gently and get her focus back on whatever the task is). The key phrase we use right now is "Heidi Anne, where's your nose?", she has to look at us, she points to her nose--(We know that she can hear us and is listening-2 very different things-and her attention is back on us), we then remind her of whatever it is she should be doing. Here she is touching her nose-and then petting the piggies. So if you ever hear us ask "Where's your nose?" You know why....
The girls got to pet a little calf, get in the pin with some piglets, and pet some little lambs and little goats.
Heidis cousin with the piglets
"Where's Your Nose?"

Oh, Right..I wanted to play with the piggies....
Windmill & Rain
After that we toured the 1917 Farm house-which was fun and kept us out of the rain-and reminded us why we didn't buy an older home here in the area. We also saw them dye eggs the really old fashion way, with beet juice, onion skins, blueberry juice. If I ever have the time I might give that a try some Easter. But not this year. (>..)>
Then we took the kids to see baby ducks and chicks. Rykken seemed to like the ducks-almost a little to much-Oh, that little boy is sooo freaking cute!! Kailah got to hold a little chick all on her own.
Heidi Anne & her cousin with the Ducklings
Heidi's Cousin Loved the Ducklings
Heidi's Cousin Holds a Little Chick with Rykken Watching
Look, Heidi, Look!!

Rebekah & Heidi's Cousin
A big treat for the girls was the pony rides. Oh how Kailah and Heidi Anne were so excited! I love doing things with my sister, espically with Kailah and Heidi Anne. Kailah gets so excited about something and Heidi Anne catches it like a bug or vice versa. It just makes activities so much more fun to me. Kailah and Heidi Anne would even hold hands as we were walking. I just can't believe those little girls are getting that big! The pony ride was actually pretty eventful-1 pony (Bandit) was acting up.  He would make 1 circle-then turn sideways and stop-thus ending the ride for everyone else. We tried hard not to get him-but we did. So I was determined not to let him ruin our girls turn! So when Bekah and I were left with him-I picked him-and as we walked I just coaxed him along the whole time-while balancing Heidi Anne. Whatever I did-it worked, the girls (and the others who happened to be with us) got the full pony ride.
Super Moms 2-Stubborn Pony-0
Heidi's Cousin on Her Pony
Heidi Anne Getting Saddled Up
Heidi's Cousin in High Heaven!
Me vs. Bandit-With Heidi Anne Along for the Ride
 Lastly, before we left we went to see the baby turtles and bunnies. I am not sure how those two go together, but somehow they apparently do. Oh, Kailah absolutely LOVED the bunnies. I don't think I've seen a happier little girl. She just smiled, and giggled, and gave the bunny kisses, she was so content with him on her lap. On the other hand, Heidi Anne was slightly scratched by the bunny she was given to hold-and I mean slightly-so she was then terrified of the bunny. (Killer Rabbit-was going threw my mind...)
He's So Cute!
Heidi's Cousin and the Baby Bunny-Sweet!
The Killer Rabbit....
Rhett & Heidi's Cousin





Momma, Dadda, & Heidi Anne-2011

3 comments:

  1. You are the cutest family! I love how you have Heidi Anne touch her nose to get her to focus. Very smart! She is SO adorable! These days go fast! I'm so happy that you get to go on "adventures"!
    Love always,
    Aunt Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rabbit + turtle = The Turtle & the Hare. :) I can't wait for Kezia to be BFFs with her cousin like Heidi Anne & her Kailah.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL--That's good! Makes perfect sense now!! Turtle & the Hare..Duh

    ReplyDelete

If you cant say anything nice, then dont say anything at all--Bambi