Friday, September 17, 2010

No Blinking

So our little baby is growing up. I was realizing this when I was viewing one of my best friends' registry for her twins baby shower that is coming soon. As I looked at those cute little onezies, burb clothes, all the adorable baby necessitates- I had a few thoughts run in my mind. First, how much I will miss her talking with me now and then though-out the day, (a little selfish I realize, but I'll still miss it). But she's great at staying in contact-so that (albeit selfish) thought went away.
I then thought of Heidi Anne as a newborn, just so small even her cries sounded like little kitten mews. Back then I just couldn't think of her being anything but that little tiny girl that was swallowed up by those exact same cute onezies on the wish list. I turn around now and I see Heidi Anne- dressing herself, helping feed the puppy, talking up a storm, and playing House (And No I don't mean the Fox version where he gets the diagnoses wrong and then solves it with 5 minutes to spare, I mean the cute play house version). So I just sat and watched as she played. I watched how she was cuddling her baby "Annie", almost all of her dolls are named Annie right now. She changed the baby, got some baby powder on the table, feed her, wrapped her in a blanket all nice a cozy, sung a little song, and then told us and the other Annies, "Shhhh, baby Annie sleeping," and gives the doll a little kiss on the head whispering "Night, night, love you."
It's amazing how fast they grow up, right before your very eyes-sometimes I feel like in less then a blink of an eye.
No wonder toddlers never want to take a nap. ;D

1 comment:

  1. Either this post is partially about me, or you have another work friend that is having twins. :)

    I promise I'll try not to blink when my girls are here.

    ReplyDelete

If you cant say anything nice, then dont say anything at all--Bambi