Tuesday, March 5, 2019

Anastasia's First Day of Preschool, Check Ups, And Fixed It!

Anastasia just had her 3rd-year checkup. She is now 28 pounds (the 5th percentile) and 2'9 (the 2nd percentile) but she's on the charts!! She also got her MMR vaccine, which means we're really free from being housebound. Here she is recovering from the shot. We haven't done many adventures outside the home due to the measles outbreak. Now if the weather would just turn to spring we can do more outdoor things. 

Anastasia's first day of preschool was last week. Rowan's afternoon preschool teacher loves having him around so much, she requested that Anastasia be in her morning class. She adores Anastasia, too. (I know, new standards require you to take off the coat, which I did. We're just waiting for the school to open and it was so cold I bundled her up.)
Anastasia was so excited to go to school like Rowan...until she learned that mom wouldn't be staying with her. She started crying as soon as we would pull up to the school. They let me take her into the classroom for the first few days but Anastasia would become inconsolable once I left. 
This week we started with a bus taking her to school and dropping her back off at home. It's made the transition to school much easier for Anastasia. (Once again, Rowan's bus driver offered to be Anastasia's transportation). Now they both have the exact same teacher and bus driver. 
Both of them love their new one on one time with just mom, however, Rowan and Anastasia miss each other a great deal. As soon as one is off the bus they run to each other shouting "You're back!! I MISSED you!" Once inside they just like being close together.  
The Littles have come up with a new phrase. "How's your name?" They ask this many times a day. I think it's a mix between "How are you?" and "What's your name?". They ask it very sincerely and only seem to accept "My name's good." as an appropriate answer. 
I was cleaning up the kitchen while the Littles were in the other room. They would run up to me every few minutes and say, "Dollhouse Trains." I was like "Yeah! Dollhouse and Trains are so much fun! Good job!" High fives would be given and off they'd go. After 20 minutes of this, I overheard, "Yippie Skippie! We fixed the dollhouse, Anastasia." I rushed to the living room to see what happened. Apparently, they turned the dollhouse into a train yard still under construction. They asked me to take a "Cheese!!" [picture] of the newly "fixed" dollhouse. 
Rowan has rediscovered his wolf hat from last winter. As recently as November 2018 he still hated to wear hats. Now he won't take it off. It could be a super warm day (we haven't had many of them yet but they happen) and he'll still put it on. He would leave "Wolfie" at school sometimes and be very sad. I got him another, similar wolf hat which is never taken out of the house. According to Rowan, the hats are "brothers". 
Speaking of brothers, Rowan keeps confusing the school staff by telling everyone he has a little brother at home. His teacher went through his file and it has 2 sisters listed. The teacher would ask Rowan, "Do you have a baby sister at home?" Rowan's response? "Yes and baby brother."
So I asked him, "Rowan, where's your baby brother?" He ran up to Cas, giving Cas a big hug, and answers "Cas my brother!" My heart melted a little.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you cant say anything nice, then dont say anything at all--Bambi